Caravana NaviDAR is a fundraising campaign to revive the holiday spirit and renew hope of children and caregivers in foster care homes in Puerto Rico affected by Hurricane Maria. The goals are:
- To bring joy to the children during the holidays with toys and educational activities during the months of December and January. Last year, more than 30 centers benefited from toys and supplies delivered and through a centralized artistic event for the children at the Inter- American University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico. “Remi”, the famous local TV personality (clown), and the theater company ,“De Boca en Boca” with its production The Disobedient Children, entertained children while they taught lessons of resilience and a positive outlook in life during difficult times.
- To provide and secure a safe and stable roof for the children by rebuilding the institutions that suffered structural damages after Hurricane Maria.
- To provide financial support to cover operational expenses, education materials, clothing, adequate personnel and medical treatment needed to maintain their physical and psychological well-being.
- To advocate for changes to adoption laws that encourage and facilitate the adoption process in Puerto Rico.
- To work together with local leaders to find solutions to social problems affecting these children.